Maintenance, Servicing and Repairs of Electric Gates and Automatic Car Park Barriers in Scotland
AES (SCOTLAND) LTD undertake all aspects of maintenance and servicing of electric gates and automatic car park barriers in Edinburgh, Fife, Perth and Kinross and most of the Central Belt.
Maintenance and Service
Once you have had your new set of automatic gates installed, it is important to look after your investment. Allowing your gates to fall into disrepair, can prove costly to repair.
Preventative maintenance is an important part in providing longevity to your installation and to also ensure reliability and safe function.
Also, any warranties that are applicable to your system are subject to a regular maintenance program.
As with all automation equipment a maintenance program will ensure the longest possible life of the equipment.
Why have your automatic gates serviced?
It is important that you have your gates serviced regularly, for quite a few reasons.
One of the most important reasons would be to ensure that all the safety devices are working correctly.
Another reason is to check that the manual release is working. The manual release can seize and therefore become useless (there is nothing worse when you are stuck in or out of your own gates).
No matter which system you have, it is also important to keep it well lubricated and fully sealed for protection against ingress of water, slugs, and other insects.
Those with gate systems with underground operators will also find that over time the foundation box will eventually fill with water and whilst the operator itself is safe when working submerged in water, this is only for a brief period. Continuous and prolonged submersion will eventually damage the operator or significantly reduce the life of the unit due to corrosion or perishing of components.
When a gate has not had a regular service, debris such as earth can also build up in the foundation box. Again, this will also reduce the life span of the components.
We now provide three-year renewable maintenance contracts, as below: –
The cost of our servicing is determined by your specific site. We consider the age and type of system/s you have.
You can also simply have a one-off BRONZE service, without any further commitment.
During the Cover Period, we will provide Bronze Cover and in addition we will repair or replace equipment.
Costs associated with travel, labour and parts is in this agreement and all such work will be subject to our then current standard terms and conditions.
What’s included in your comprehensive BRONZE service?
- Carry out a survey to highlight any areas of concern and offer appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Check general operation of system.
- Inspect structural state of gate support.
- Inspect condition of gates.
- Check gate alignment and ground clearance.
- Grease hinges/ carriages.
- Inspect operators for condition, damage, wear etc.
- Check operator fixings, brackets, and geometry.
- Assess performance of operators.
- Bleed and top-up oil, if applicable.
- Pressure test and adjustment – open and close.
- Check manual release and locking performance.
- Check condition and operation of all control equipment.
- Carry out visual inspection of all electrical connections.
- Check all external and internal seals for degradation and re-seal, as necessary.
- Clean out foundation boxes and check drainage for underground operators.
- Check and if required, change batteries on Safety Edge and Photocell Transmitters.
- Highlight any areas of concern and provide appropriate safety recommendations.
- Quotes prepared for any repairs required.
Some additional procedures we carry out for specific items, are as follows:
- Car Park Barriers – Check barrier fixing plate, barrier box, beam, skirt and end support.
- Rising Bollards – In line with manufacturer’s recommendations, during the first service in any year, we remove the bollard for inspection, cleaning, lubricating and oil checks.
- Garage Doors – Check door balance, condition of fixings, frame, springs, door lifting gear and operator.
- Roller Shutters – Operation, condition and fixings for shutter curtain, lathes, end locks, bottom rail, guide channel, guide stops, chain keeps, gearing, barrels, safety brake, coil casing, motor drive, manual over-ride and limits.
Included with your Service is a detailed service report and certificate.