When you are deciding to have electric gates installed, you should always make sure you know exactly what you’re getting for your money, when seeking quotes from different companies.
Here are some important points to take into consideration –
1. How substantial will the proposed gate be (automation requires a substantial gate) ✅
2. What timber infill is to be used, if applicable (will it rot, will it warp) ✅
3. Is all metalwork galvanised and powder coated (this will provide rust protection) ✅
4. How substantial are the foundations for the posts that are being installed (you don’t want your gate posts moving) ✅
5. Quality of all equipment being used ✅
6. What safety devices are included, if any ✅
7. What warranty is offered ✅
8. Automatic gate experience of your installer (very important) ✅
9. Reputation of your installer (very important) ✅
Any variations to the above can result in quite a large cost difference.
It’s always worth remembering – Poor or cheap installations usually always result in poor reliability and can end up being a very costly mistake.